Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Putting some POW in powder!

I love my career as a freelance makeup artist and I can't imagine doing anything else. I enjoy the artistry and the ways to transform someone's looks with just a few touches. When I work in Wisconsin, most of my time is devoted to editorial, lifestyle and commercial shoots.
When I'm not working I try to take that time to collaborate with other artists, photographers, and stylists to create our own shoots and build on a concept. It's a time for all of us to think outside the box and just have a blast! Our goal is to build our portfolios with these shots and hope that some of them may actually get published.
A few months ago I approached Dave Jackson about a beauty shoot I wanted to do with all different colors of powder dropped on a models face. We met a few times, changed dates quite a few times, and then had a last minute model change too. Finally together we made it happen...whew!! I love how they turned out and hope you do to!
Thank you Dave...you made my visions come to life. A thank you to our model, Karen, who was a trooper lying on the floor, keeping her eyes shut, and letting me go through numerous makeup changes.
I can't wait to execute the next creative shoot...I already have a few things brewing in my mind!!




2 comments:

  1. This is without a doubt on the TOP of my list of favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE your creativity!!!!!!!!!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a shoot I saw on America's Next Top Model where they blew colored powder onto their faces. A very creative look by a skilled makeup artist.

    ReplyDelete