Thursday, December 3, 2009

Feed the Fish Movie

I had the pleasure earlier this year to work as assistant makeup artist and hair stylist for an independant film called Feed the Fish. It was mainly filmed in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin.

I knew when I read the script by Michael Matzdorff (who also directed and is Tony Shalhoub's nephew) I knew it was going to be a great movie. It's a romantic comedy and now being called "the feel good film of the winter"



When I arrived on set they had already been filming for a number of days. I was introduced to the cast and crew who welcomed me with open arms. I had such an amazing experience working with everyone. Some of the cast I got to work with was Tony Shalhoub(Monk), Ross Partridge, Katie Aselton, and Barry Corbin. The characters they played were so real to each of their personalities that the casting was perfect!



The movie is now complete and we were all invited to preview a screening a few weeks ago. It was so exciting and kind of surreal at the same time to see my work on the big screen. As you know movie scenes are never shot in sequence and throughout the entire movie I got to reminise about being right there on set ready to powder and keep the cast looking good.

At the theater it was so great to see the many people I had worked with. You could see how proud everyone was to see their name rolling in the credits after the flick.


The movie has been submitted to a number of film festivals and I hope it'll be out soon for all of you to see. You can visit their website to track the progress too.

http://www.feedthefishmovie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment